Tuesday, January 6, 2009

ANOTHER Pet Smart Tragedy - Oliver

(Another Pet Smart Tragedy - sent in this week...)

Monday, January 5, 2009

For the Love of Oliver Oggero

Hi my name is Summer, I am 11 years old and this is my story.

On Friday, January 2nd, 2009, my beloved Teacup Poodle Oliver Oggero died.

It all started when we took him into PetSmart at about 2:30 p.m to get him groomed, a lady took him and told me and my family to come back at 7:00. I didn't want to leave him that long but my mother Laura reassured me they were "PROFESSIONALS", we left Oliver and went out to eat.... About 3 hours later they called back and told my mom that Oliver wasn't acting right, so we rushed over.

When we got to the Grooming section of PetSmart I took Oliver and cried my eyes out, the lady who worked there said that everything would be okay, and to drive him right home. She said he was just tired, but I could tell something was wrong because normally he licks my face all over. When we got to the car I told my mom to take him to the vet immediatley because he was not breathing right and he wasn't moving. The first vets office was closed so we took him to the animal hospital on Sterling.

When we took him in, the Doctors said something was seriously wrong. They told us that his gums were pure white, he was missing a tooth, and his lungs were being filled with a bloody fluid, so he couldn't breath. There had been some kind of trama to the chest that had happened within the last few hours, so they took a long tube to help him breath and cough up the blood. I coudn't stand the fact that my little doggy was in pain so I just sat there crying over my cousin, Willie's shoulder.

After we were at the hospital for about an Hour and a Half I went home with my father, Victor.When I finally arrived at my dad's house he got a call from the vet saying that Oliver passed away. We were just getting out of the car when we got the call. So my dad had everyone go inside except me, he sat on the grass and held me. He didnt even have to tell me my dear dog was dead. I cried so much, and so did everyone else.

Apparantley the groomers at PetSmart hurt Oliver's 4 month old body internally, and he was either dropped on the side of the tub or had fallen off the grooming counters or had been squeezed too tight. Oliver died at 7:56 p.m. and I will never forget that.

Oliver died for a reason, and the reason was to help all of the other people pets, I learned very important things from him. I think Oliver knew it was his time to leave because before he went into the Emergency Room he gave me a kiss on my face like he did every day.

I am an 11 year old animal activist, My name is Summer, I hope you tell your people my story and I hope you tell me any of your animal stories so we can all make a difference.

1 comment:

Jay Swearingen said...

I was sorry to hear about your loss. I represent a family in the Denver area that had their Yorkie killed by the Petsmart grooming manager's dog. Apparently, quite a few Yorkies, in comparison to other breeds, are having a rough time at Petsmarts across the country.