Friday, March 23, 2007

Cataracts and the Yorkshire Terrier

About 2 years my vision started to slip
and my daddy noticed. And one of my eyes
got a little cloudy.
Yorkies tend to develop cataracts in their old age, but
luckily, our small size limits the effects of conditions such as arthritis.
In most cases, the cataracts can be removed. They
could not remove all of mine - but I still see pretty well.
The problem can occur in one or both eyes
and can lead to blindness. So make sure
you keep an eye on your dog's eyes!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

When your Yorkie have cataract surgery and where was it done. What research did you do before the surgery. My teacup is 15 and has little or no vision and she needs surgery. It is killing me

Unknown said...

I have a teacup Yorkie who is 15 years old and has cataracts and now is almost blind. When did your Yorkie have surgery. Where was it done and how difficult was it for both of you to go through. I do need these answers.

Miniature Yorkie said...

Even after the surgery, it helped very little. The cost was $2200 and I am not sure I would do it next time - I live in a big city - so I asked around for recommendations - but like I said, I don't think I would do it again. Just give her lots of touching and lots of love!!