Friday, November 23, 2018

Taking Your Dog to Mexico With You

We go to Puerto Vallarta  about  every year or 2.  We  have never  taken  our dog with us, but soon,  will need to consider  doing so. We usually  just go a week  or  10  days.  but soon, plan  to start going  for  3 months  in the winter. 

If you have ever wondered about traveling with  your dog, there are some good articles  out there. 

Airlines and buses have different rules for animal transportation that vary according to the company, destination, time of travel and pet’s characteristics.

On Aeromexico flights, for example, pets can travel in the cabin with other passengers or in the luggage compartment. It will depend on the type of airplane and the size of the pet, if it is authorized or not to go in the cabin.
But if the pet is not allowed to travel with its owner in the cabin, it must be documented as it was a piece of baggage, and it will have to make the trip in the baggage compartment, as long as it does not exceed 45 kilos (100 lbs), including the weight of the cage or transporter.
In any case, you must pay an additional fee for your pet, 1,000 Mexican pesos for domestic flights and 125 US Dollars for international flights.
If you travel in the cabin with your pet, you will be asked for veterinary and vaccination certificates against rabies issued no later than 30 days before the day of travel.
Because of the breathing problems they present during the flight and their high levels of stress, brachycephalic dogs and cats must travel in the cabin. Among them are Burmese, Himalayan and Persian cats, and dogs of the following breeds: Pug, Bulldog, Boston Terrier, Boxer, Chow Chow, lhasa apso, Maltese, Pekingese, Sharpei and Yorkshire Terrier.
A Puerto Vallarta  news  sources  says, If you want to bring your pet to Mexico, you'll need two pieces of paper. The first is a vaccination certificate to ensure your pet has been vaccinated against rabies, hepatitis, pip and leptospirosis. The second is an office health certificate that must be issued by a veterinarian no more than 72 hours before entering Mexico. Your professional Mexico Real Estate Agent can give you more information.
READ MORE  HERE  and   also   HERE

No comments: